- University Mail Services only delivers mail to campus boxes. We do NOT deliver to street addresses, offices, labs or room numbers.
- Every University employee is assigned a campus box based on their department.
- ALWAYS include your campus box number in your address.
- If you do not know what your campus box number is, please contact your department’s administrator to find out.
- Every campus box has a “key holder” who retrieves the mail for the entire department.
- Please check in with this person first if you are looking for a piece of mail or package.
- If you do not know who the key holder is for your department, please contact your department administrator.
- We intercept and deliver all USPS mail, but we sometimes make the final delivery for private carriers such as UPS and FedEx. Therefore, it is a best practice to always include your campus box number in your address.
- When we receive a mailpiece or package that does not have a campus box number listed in the address, it causes a delivery delay because we have to look up the recipient in the campus directory to find their campus box number.
How to Update Online
- Use your Onyen to log into connectcarolina.unc.edu.
- Click “Personal Information”.
- Click on the “Addresses” tab, located in the left column.
- Type your campus box number on the line titled “Address 3”.
- Click “OK” and then “Save”.
- 100 South Building
- Campus Box
- Campus Box 9100
- Chapel Hill, NC 27599