Certified Mail provides the sender with a “proof of mailing date”.
- This form contains a green and white sticker that includes a barcode, which will allow you to track your mail through USPS.
- The form also contains a perforated receipt, which serves as proof that you mailed the item.*
- Write the required information on the form, including the recipient’s name and address.
- Remove the backing and place the sticker along the top edge of the envelope you are mailing, directly to the right of the return address area.
* Since Mail Services is taking your Certified Mail to the Post Office, please leave the receipt attached to the envelope and write your name and campus box number somewhere on the receipt. Mail Services will have the Post Office stamp the receipt, giving you dated confirmation that it was received by USPS. Mail Services will then send the stamped Certified Receipt back to you via Campus Mail.
- Can be used in coordination with a Certified Receipt.
- Signature Confirmation can be requested by attaching a Return Receipt to the back of the envelope and checking off the box that says “Return Receipt for Merchandise”.
- The Return Receipt will be mailed back to the sender with the recipient’s signature, confirming that the mail piece was delivered. It will also show when the driver attempted to deliver it.
- The sender now has proof of a mailing date from the Certified Receipt and proof of delivery from the Return Receipt Form.
- Customers have the option to choose Certified or Certified with Return Receipt. There is a fee for each service.